Thursday, August 12, 2010

pink angels

This is another digital along the same lines

Unfortunately my attempt at an acrylic version  is very disappointing....I'll work on it a bit more, then put it to bed....meaning gesso over it!! Oh well ..maybe I don't have the right brushes, ho hum, sadly I think it the  skill I'm lacking.....

When I use a digital program I am more detached, not worried about being  precise, knowing I can easily erase with the mouse. I haven't mastered my new computer paint program either, however when I paint in acrylics I scrutinize it way too much looking for perfection. There a very few I like, and less that I love!! So why do I paint, I ask myself?

3 comments:

  1. But you enjoy the doing and that's what it's all about. Just saying.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are your hardest critic as always. practice makes perfect on the digital. although even the word digital sounds detached.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one even better. More colors I guess. About painting....just do what makes you happy. That's what counts.

    ReplyDelete

I respect your opinions!!! All Comments are genuinely appreciated!