Friday, December 13, 2013

Paint Party Friday and Mix it Monthly

This is my first contribution to Mix it Monthly. 
Sadly I hadn't a lot of time to work on it, and it shows!
                             
                              
Mix it Monthly
Challenge is owls
mixing these colors


I've spent the week working on my friends project which I can't show yet!
Sorry to say I have nothing profound to say this week! It snowed a few days then washed quickly away. Enough to disable me from
 attending an annual dinner with friends since
 I was nervous to use a cane on the first snow fall!!
 I have no idea where these journal pages came from.


                 "That artists are called to be more
           responsible and true 
           is a tip of the hat to their power!"


 I just know the bottom page started out as a bunch of heads. I think they may
be the gremlins within trying to coax me to get more accomplished since I am lagging! So I need to keep them at bay as I try to create! Sometimes it's difficult!



"Any negativity that comes to you today 
should be returned to sender! "
Thelma Davis

 What do you do to shut down the nasty self talk?

This is my contribution to Paint Party Friday!

I just  love all this yummy color!! 
As for the crazy characters.....not so much!!

34 comments:

  1. Oh I love the owl!!! ANd all of your colorful people too :) Borrowing your quote on negative thoughts also ♥ Have a great week end!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your owl. I want to see what he is looking at. I have a feeling that you will work you magic with those colors when you get a chance. He is perfect the way he is but I always love to see what you do when you change the colors on a piece.

    We all have those inner critics. They come with being human. It's what we do with them that counts. I tell mine "Thanks for visiting. But I've got more important things to do than listen to you." Then I move on. The less time I give to them the less they have to say. I also surround myself with positive quotes and people as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh What a cute owl,he looks so sweet.
    and your other paintings allways wonderful,beautiful colors you used.
    Happy PPF
    XXX Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work and a great post again, nice to see your owl for Mix it monthly, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello lovely friend..what a wonderfully colorful post..beautiful art..full of energy and spirit...I love how it all feels in motion and very lyrical in movement and style...gorgeous! Wishing you a fabulous day!
    victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable owl and fun and creative paintings! Love the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:40 am

    Marvelous owl and folks in your paintings. I love your colors you know that! Hope you are looking forward to a fantastic Christmas with the kids. Well the all grown up kids that is. But you are all childlike at heart and know how to celebrate what's important. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sherrie, your paintings are gorgeous. I especially like the gremlins one, and the girl in the center is my favorite… Having been away from PPF for a while, I went back and read your recent posts and cried and cried. They are just as if you wrote these only for me. Maybe because of my fresh grief. You have such insight and wisdom and I hope you realize these are important gifts. Thank you for being bold and not afraid to put out there the things you are thinking. You help more people than you realize.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun challenge! Your owls are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute pieces, sometimes the quick ones are the most effective! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I love your art. It brings joy to the world.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, fantastic colors! All your faces are great and your owl is pretty cute too. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this may be the 1st time I've visited here when you haven't had something profiund to discuss so I think it's Ok that you havea break from being thought provoking just this once! ! Your owl is very cute. That's a shame you missed the meal with friends because of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic owl (s)

    and folks in your paintings. I love those wonderful colors!

    amazing post!

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the owl, I think he's fine as is. Love the people ones,gremlins can be a pain, and when they rear their ugly heads (Thats probably why youre not so keen on the other peops) I usually stop them by doing my watercolour flowers, I know then that they cant get a foothold there! Your little angel arrived this morning, so thanks so sweet. keep safe. Hugs Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Popped in to say Hi and love your owl and other fab paintings, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore your owl and the crazy faces are just full of fun and frolic!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The owl is amazing - but I love also the other paintings with girls and stories in wonderful colors!
    Happy PPF
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha the owl is cuddly and round and mischievous...just a sweetheart :D So wonderful you found the time to create with Mix It Monthly inspirations :) I know these feelings about nothing feels right...most of the times it comes when I have too many things going on and forgot to rest and take the time to fill up my resources :) So be good to yourself take the time you need ♥ Conny

    ReplyDelete
  20. That owl is my favorite! Such a colorful arty owl! Fun and happy work here that makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous2:21 pm

    I love your owl, it is very cute. Also love the other characters, they seem to be dancing all over your post! Very clever, the colour variations!
    Cheers
    Gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your owl is really cute and I had to laugh at the gremlins! I think they are dancing and having a party.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wherever your journal pages came from, they are colorful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool journal pages - I don't dare to draw people, so I'm always impressed when others do...
    Love your little owl too :)
    Thanks for stopping by ealrier!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The owl is so adorable and your faces are bright and colorful. I need to see more such vibrant paintings in this weather.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable little owl, and crazy fun pages... I always get such a punch of energy when I visit your blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love those journalpages! All the little characters jumping and dancing around. Your owl looks sweet too! Sorry to hear you weren't able to get to your annual dinner because of the snow. Hard to imagine for me at the moment, since I'm sweating like a pig over here. The humidity is horrendous...

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love your owl, and your journal pages are full of fun people! xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. loving it all - even the gremlins. Sometimes we just have to humor them, let them make art with us for a while, until they get bored and move on. Maybe they are cheerleaders in disguise! Thanks for your kind words on my blog my dear. Hope this week finds you having tea with your muse.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think the owl is super cute but I really love your people! They always seem so happy and doing fun things. These are awesome journal pages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I completely agree with a comment above. Your characters are always so cheerful, powerful and enjoyable. you presented really nice and cute art works. Keep creating. Sending you big, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooooh I love your art journal pages... the little faces are the sweetest... the owl is a cutie... and the punch of color is gorgeous...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think the best way to cure the nasty self talk is to paint A LOT, like every single day for hours at a time. You'll feel so proud of how much you accomplish, and a new, confident voice will appear. That nasty voice will be gone. xo

    ReplyDelete
  34. that is one delightful owl! it shows nothing but fun and wisdom - a great combination:-)

    ReplyDelete

I respect your opinions!!! All Comments are genuinely appreciated!