Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I cry more now

Revamped paintings with some digital manipulations, love the results!
I Cry More Now!

I'm older and wiser
I  cry more  now
when I see hate
  abuse and neglect.
Dissension in our universe
is sad and overwhelming.
Perspectives are askew
Shandra can't handle the state of the world and needs encouragement.
It's a blamers world.
No one takes responsibility.
People want an easy escape.
There is none.
If you leave a marriage 
there's is fall out,
disillusioned children
broken one way or another.
If you stay in the  abuse
the damage 
solidifies.  
Carmen is grieving.
 
Accepting mental illness 
is heroic....
If you also take responsibility 
for the ramifications,
the damage it inflicts,
the chaos and fear it causes.
Recognizing it as so.
 Defining it otherwise
is an injustice to all
 who have suffered it's terror.
 No one imagines themselves
addicted, homeless, alone.
But, it happens
Why?
The stories are missing
as the blame  
recurs
In labels, 
abuse, mental illness
addiction
Alberta and Al very very loosely sketched and painted...unusual for me.
I cry more now 
when I see the love
I taught my child,
  reciprocated,
in forgiveness, allegiance 
compassion.
Athena is full of wonder...she still believes in all the  goodness!
I cry at good deeds
kind moments,
joyous occasions for others
great leaders, humanitarians
trustworthy ethics and kindness
strong women, gentle men
I cry at stories of redemption
good music, cheerful endings
magical moments, philanthropy
I endure the pain of death
and illness. 
I shut my eyes to the
  visuals
 of abuse, gore, hatred
horror.
My mind shuns 
what shreds the fibers of my 
soul
Casey is a constant skeptic...she does give you the benefit of the doubt though.
In reverence I
grapple to shards
of hope!
and the goodness of my beautiful daughter!!

Do you find yourself a bit more emotional these days? 

27 comments:

  1. Giggles, your artwork is so colorful, so beautiful and yet your words show such deep emotions. I wish you much happiness and a peace.
    I cry often now that so many loved ones are gone. My eyes can fill with tears so fast that I don't even realize that I've been crying... but I try and counter this by remembering all that I have to be thankful for 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely art and a beautiful reflective post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colourful art. You are right to be proud of your lovely daughter. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. your bunnies are great and the poem goes well with the faces. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post today is full of wise thoughts and paintings which are expressive and amazing.
    Wishing you and your lovelies happy PPF and upcoming April xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your art work, especially the bunnies. So many things, so many people and injustices are pushed to the side nowadays that it does make one's heart bleed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful reflective post filled with wonderful art!
    Happy weekend Sherrie!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoy your bunny header - pretty bunny colours too!
    Your ladies are gorgeous and have been painted with much feeling. So many things bring a tear to the eye. Hugs and Happy PPF :D)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the new Easter Bunnies header!! Beautiful vibrant art along with a post full of emotion. Nothing wrong with crying-I know-I'm not a Pisces for nothing;) Your cupcake is a doll! Enjoy the weekend and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like everyone else here commenting I just love the colour of your art work - it's so vibrant and you definitely have an identifiable colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the artwork, as always, Sherrie. And yes, I do seem to cry more lately. I thought it was grieving for my dh, but sometimes it is in happiness. Sometimes I will cry at the news on TV. I don't think I am unhinged at all. I cry for all the reason you expressed in your poignant poem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for another thought provoking post that happens to include colorful, symbolic art. Love it every week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely post, full of deep feeling and thoughts, tender art overflowing with feeling too. So nice that your daughter is a shining star in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the new header! Also I love the sketchy style you used in the drawing of the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Easter bunnies :-) I recognize what you're saying. There's so much sadness and injustice and anger in the world today, and because of social media and the internet we get it delivered to our doorstep every single minute if we want. It makes people more vulnerable I think. And more emotional....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Could not wait to get over here and see what you had for us this week. Just this morning I wondered about my emotions that are more intense these days. I have to tell you that I love Alberta and Al. Plus your daughter is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, yes, lots of emotions around ~ the world needs help ~ Your post and gorgeous creations with their happy colors bring joy into my day ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a happy weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sherrie, I loved your comment on Jennifer's blog and laughed out loud:
    http://www.justaddwatersilly.com/2017/03/counting-sheep.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a powerful post. You have the pure talent to create a visual with a message of insight. I have mentioned before you should publish a book. My emotions these day are mostly disgust and anger, living in an America I do not know any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous thoughtful post and wonderful art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a thoughtful post. The world is definitely complicated... I love when your birds make appearances in your art.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another wonderful post! I think that the older we become, the more we realize just how precious life is. Of course we are more emotional, because we have the wisdom of our years behind us. Wishing you a happy, wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic artwork Giggles! Always enjoy the burst of vibrant colors! Happy PPF :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another wonderful post and great artwork too. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think it can be helpful to have tunnel vision as far as the wider world is concerned. In olden days we only had to cope with those who were near to us and I think there are enough people near to us now who need our care and attention.
    What a fun new header, I do like these playful creatures and the great combination of colours.
    Poor Shandra, but I think the yellow bird is giving her good advice (yellow birds are well know for their wisdom).
    I feel for Carmen, may she find peace again one day.
    Alberta and Al are a lovely pair, will we see this type of painting from you again, did you enjoy it for a change?
    I hope Athena is always full of wonder and happy thoughts.
    Have a great day, Giggles, and a great week. See you next Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your daughter is beautiful inside and out. The gals pictured are appropriate to your comments. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete

I respect your opinions!!! All Comments are genuinely appreciated!