Thursday, April 27, 2017

Magic Moments


The Flapper party
As we trudge along in our day to day many people are struggling with the state of our world.  Beardo   made a simple inquiry to a middle aged former coworker who seemed disoriented. The guy apologized. He was sleep deprived when a nightmare  kept him awake. His dream would have been comical had it not been so close to the many News reports of late!
This tree on the beach is photographed all year
 long by many photographers!
Many artists are struggling in much the same way! Sensitivities
 heightened. Although it's great fodder for creativity, the feelings
 are often scary and difficult to cope with!
Julie is trying to enjoy a Flapper party while 
sharing secrets with her friends.
 Artist seem to need to purge those sensitivities that eat away at them. Recognizing and purging  poignant feelings into the universe through art is truly a gift to the world. Those such as Pauline do it so perfectly!
Rosemary made her dress out of material in
 her grandmothers old trunk
I've had my nose down creating so many Happy tiler peeps.
It's calming, and exciting  to meet my characters. It's as though
all the years of people watching has come to fruition. These characters
with their unique body types, clothing and features are blooming
in the midst of trying times!
Blossoms Cupcake captured from a few weeks ago!  A magical moment of beauty!
Betty  is confident in all she does! 
She isn't afraid to speak her mind!
Being that yellow tulips among  all the purple 
ones gives the world another beautiful bright spot!
Dickie is such a ham, he is so excited his
 granddaughter is over for a visit!
Much like life none of my peeps are perfect!
They are off centered and quirky and just 
need to emerge as they are!
Cora loves to wear the same colour 
lipstick as her granddaughter!
Besides the Happytiler Peeps I have done
a whole series of shoes again. Creativity is
pouring out faster than I put it on my blog.
Cassy loves visiting her grandparents, they really
 seems to know who she is!!
Tulip Festival credit Cupcake!

All things bright an beautiful fill me with joy!

You too are Natures perfection!!

Finding magic in the moment!!
Embracing creativity is truly the key to calming an artists
 sensitivities so you can find those magic moments in your day!
A visit with the Grands!




  Find the unique part of yourself that makes you shine among others!

Blossom in the small moments of your day!
Do you find your creativity heightened 
when you are worried or upset?
Bloom the best you can, even in chaos!

How do your worries  and sensitivities manifest?
Cupcake and Beardo finding joy at the Tulip festival!
Lastly a card I have made for my brothers birthday using 
older characters, and changing their colours!!

36 comments:

  1. A truly wonderful post. I agree with you totally that as artists we are more sensitive to our surrounding. This is world wide now with all the media available to us. Working on My Art Everyday I have found a peace that takes me away from all the turbulance of the world. Your art helps people too. Each character makes sense, brings joy, makes you think, spreads affection and just makes me laugh. I love the photos this week too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely art and flowers, tulips are always so gorgeous. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great art and photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post is great and multi-layered.
    I love the red tulpi and your art-work too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to see that your posts are as colourful and thought provoking as always! I agree that artists tend to be more attuned to the world because by nature we are observers, always being inspired by what's going on around us. I find that I use are to escape reality because doom and gloom is all around us. I am a member of a vegan artists community and while many people create beautiful and poignant art depicting the realities of how we treat animals, I prefer to focus on the beauty of the animal themselves - I don't want to paint more sadness - does that make sense? Perhaps that's why I love colour and vibrancy because the real world is dark enough. I've even stopped listening to the news now because we're one crazy haired despot away from nuclear war and I don't need to freak myself out listening to it non stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you post today. Your drawings are wonderful, as usual, and those photos of the tulips are so nice. I too feel the weight of the world heavy on my shoulders at times. Sometimes I want to run away from all the bad news, but one just has to keep on keeping on. A trip to the beach or into the countryside always has a calming effect on me, and leaves me ready to be creative again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see more of your little characters. Those blossom trees are beautiful. I look forward to seeing the cherry blossom blooming at this time of year. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these imaginative characters! The photos of the tulip fields are wonderful...brightening the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful peeps and flowers. It doesn't get any better than that. I would love to walk down that beautiful street beneath all of thos blossoms. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of your yummy art this week and those photos amazing. I love tulips but can't keep them long in my gardens as the critters eat them up . I need to build some wire cages to plant them in as the ones you buy are entirely too expensive for me. Have a Grand week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post and art and happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post, sherrie. I love your quirky folks. Thanks for the link to Pauline's beautiful commentary. Wow, your tulip photos are awesome. Love the one of Cupcake out in the middle of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your postings are always so colorful and delightful!
    I also believe that artists are so creative that the world and its people are seen as potential paintings without our even thinking about it :)

    Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delightful and creative post ~ love your artwork and beautiful photography too ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a fun weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel very happy now I no longer watch Dump on TV.....I know it is like an ostrich putting her head in the sand but honestly I am so much happier NOT knowing what dreadful things he is up to. Other than that I don't handle stress very well so I try to just do two tasks a day if I try to multitask my head explodes. Where was the tulip festival? Did Cupcake go to the Netherlands?
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't help but wonder how you feel every time you awaken one of your new characters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfectly said! I have had to stop taking in the news at all, which has been really wonderful for my mental health! Love your art (as always). It's so bright and uplifting!! And those tulips... wonderful!! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice to come here again to see your colorful charming persons. And wow - all those tulips, really beautiful and so are you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous flowers! Spring is such a wonderful season, everything is new again.... I love the picture of your daughter and SIL, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful post full of colors and magic. Marvellous tulips and flowers - our trees want to bloom, but it is still to cold and rainy even at this morning. I'm exciting, what may will bring us -
    When I'm worried or upset, my creativity is dead...
    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your photos are captivating. I really enjoy your facial expressions on your peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic photos, beautiful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely trees and flowers.
    so glad you are absorbed in your art with their wonderfully unique personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely morning I had with your flowers and friends!!! I am in love with Dickie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love hearing from your little people and seeing all the wonderful pictures including you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great tiler peeps! :) Love the ones in glasses especially.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your little people with their sweet stories. Adorable! And I really love those tulip field photos! I would so love to visit a tulip festival one day. So pretty.

    I'm trying to steer clear of the news lately, it brings me down so much. I catch up on the weekends now so I don't spend hours on websites delving into stories.

    ReplyDelete
  28. How wonderful that each of your people has a unique story... The photos are also so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. love your woman and the very thin man :)

    Loved to see the Magnolias. They look fine. Ours was destroyed when we had the snowstorm :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fabulous birthday card for your brother Darcy! I'm sure it made him smile. :) THANK YOU for the mention and the compliment. I am at a loss for words sometimes when it comes to the state of the world (and especially Trump) but I always seem to find a way to calm my heart thru art. And yes - my creativity seems to be heightened when I'm worried, or angry, or sad, or concerned... sometimes, I'm not always able to make art during these times, but when i do, I feel more grounded almost immediately. These photos of the tulips & Beardo & Cupcake are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the way you do teeth! And that card for your brother is wonderful! I'd buy it if I saw it in a shop! The last months I've been dealing with the news by drawing my map faces and finding quotes that talk to me. It helps me to process what's happening. I've often found emotions that I wasn't even really aware of translated on my canvas. For me art is healing that way ...

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the stories you weave, beautiful photos too, those tulips are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this post. I completely agree with you. I think art does help produce a calm in the midst of life's storms. I love all your characters. They are each so unique. :) Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos. Wow. The colors are amazing. The tulips! The tree by the ocean. LOVE nature. Hope you have a blessed week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your characters are marvellous, isn't that great how they "appear" for you, and wonderful that your mojo is racing on.
    There is too much world wide news and so much that is happy and beautiful in our own small area. At the weekend I travelled home from a large art show on top of a double-decker bus and it was as if the whole of the outside world was so clear and full of interest. Being an artist and being part of this blogging community makes the world so much more interesting and happy.
    Your characters are so much fun.
    Nice one, Cora, keep keeping young at heart.
    Dickie - I hope your enthusiasm never disappears.
    I might be a bit wary of meeting Betty!
    Love that Cassy loves her grandparents.
    Have a great rest of the week, Giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful art and photos Sherrie!
    I love the photo Cupcake and Beardo.. they just look FAB!
    And what an amazing festival!
    Happy May for you!
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your Happy tiler peeps are so cheerful and unique, they always make me smile. And what a wonderful birthday card! Those fields of tulips look just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I respect your opinions!!! All Comments are genuinely appreciated!