say there is a thin person residing in a fat body! This IS true!
Sunday scribblings prompt this week asks " what's your style!"
My style is unexciting I’d admit
Not as bold as yesterday
Pounds crept up oe’r the years
Now I present in a new way
Black dresses are my best friend
With long coat tops, in colors galore
Jewelry defines my creative side
A bohemian goddess, who lived once before
Shoes are now the slip on type
Black ones I do prefer
Bright colors of the past I avoid
Subduing fat I can’t defer
Attractive current clothes are hard to locate
In a size such as mine
So if I find a suitable piece
I claim every color at the time
I have jewelry in many shades and styles
Yet bracelets are not my thing
But I feel totally nude
Leaving home without every ring
Bright Make up for my eyes and lips
A few streaks for my hair
I have a variety of fragrances
Depends on my mood what I wear
As years go by, I feel more discrete
Yet beige I do deplore
Because no matter how dull I become
I’m not a color you’ll ignore!
there are so many talents inside us, why bother how we appear outside..very well done.
ReplyDeleteAs a matter of fact I think Crayola should name a color after YOU....
ReplyDeleteNO MORE BEIGE!
ReplyDeleteYour style is reflected from the inside out. A beautiful spirit can never be dull. HUGS
ReplyDeleteoh sweet sher, i love this!
ReplyDeleteYour pic is OH SO you! would you consider switching your header pic to this one once in a while?
I like your style so much sista!
Wonderful piece of art with a great spirit. Sounds like you have a fun style.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture, Like the idea of a bohemian goddess!
ReplyDeleteWell written piece for this prompt!
that's right - there's no ignoring a GODDESS!!! awesome poem! xx, JP/deb
ReplyDeleteNo, it would be impossible to ignore such vibrancy.
ReplyDeletewhat a cute little poem.. i need to find a self of style to cover up,,,, or i mean accentuate who i have become.......
ReplyDeleteYour style is so much more than how you dress! And you have style! I can tell in the photos I've seen from you.
ReplyDeleteThis piece is pure joy! And I just love that picture.
ReplyDeleteI love this piece it was done with such a flair and from the heart.
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful, inside and out. I love the poem and the portrait, even more the friend.
ReplyDelete