Caged
I see industrious
lonely married ladies
Hiding behind a
Veil of adventure
Pretending to be happy
Kowtowing
To a mans quirky whims
Nurturing their maternal
Instincts by
Overcompensating
For lost intimacy
With children, parents
And friends
I see benevolent
Women physically
Exhausted
Still buzzing
Perfecting
Birthdays,
Christmas, and Easter
Weighted by a myriad
Of pretty treasures
clutching habitual
Contentment
Of fiscal freedom
Resigned
To the confines
Of their own
construction

Yeah, I'm so glad I'm over that kind of 'being'. It sounds exhausting to me. I'd rather be a little messy, a little scatterbrained, a little self absorbed. Which is a good thing, because I am all those things. :)
ReplyDeletethat sure sums it up
ReplyDeleteVery well said. I've seen women like this too. Way too bad.
ReplyDeleteHave a terrific day. :)
LOVE YOUR POST! I SEE WOMEN LIKE THIS AS WELL! I LOVE MY COLORFUL MESSY IMPERFECT LIFE! BEING TRUE TO MYSELF!
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOUR BLOG!
i speak to women ALL day long!!! CAGED is a perfect title to a life you've brilliantly summed up! One quirky whim I hear about A LOT? HE LIKES MY HAIR LONG (don't cut more than an inch or I will hear it and he will be so upset with me!!) WTF??? I've given this much thought and I think it all stems from a woman feeling NO self worth. Why?? Why do so many women feel they don't deserve true happiness?
ReplyDelete