Quote of The Day

Friday, September 08, 2006

illustration Friday "Safe"

Are we every really safe I wonder? Personal safety is top on my list. I have always taught my daughter to be safe, to be aware of her surroundings, listening to that " NO NO feeling" in the pit of her stomach. The intuition Gavin DE Becker talks about in one of my favorite books called the " The Gift of Fear" . An excellent book explaining how we have all the internal information to keep ourselves safe from predators, we just have to pay attention to our bodies. Often times our cognitive side can't requisition information from our brain as fast as our physical body can. Therefore we must always be aware of what I call the " NO NO feeling!"

2 comments:

paris parfait said...

Excellent point! I used to have that book in San Francisco, but lost it in the move. It's absolutely true that we must learn to listen to our instincts, as well as the body's reaction to signs of danger. Cute illustration! And thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. xo

Giggles said...

You're so sweet Tara....I think it's amazing how you support the many different blogs! We are all so fortunate to have you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...