Quote of The Day

Monday, March 10, 2008

Samera Gibson

Large Canvases by Samera Gibson.
Using tissue paper and acrylics to build colorful rich depth into her art.
Samera was the featured artist at the
White Rock Arts Council Gallery on Thursday with her
" Yellow Water Ranch" series.

I'm afraid these photos don't do Samera's work justice. It's impossible construe the feelings her wonderfully textured compositions evoke in person. I was completely awe struck when I walked into the gallery,
to see my art in the same room as this amazing artist!
More gorgeous color in these smaller pieces.
Because the gallery was jammed with people I couldn't get a photo of the massive main feature canvas approximately four by eight in size. In the right lower bottom corner was a face hidden amongst many splashes of color. My friend didn't spot it until I pointed it out to her!If you get a chance be sure to visit her works at the Windsor Square gallery in White Rock B.C.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Wow! These are fantastic! The richness of the colors just jumps out at me. And that last one has such interesting movement. The couple is very reminiscent of Klimt's The Kiss.

Great show. Wish I could see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Wowee those colours are EDIBLE! I wish I could see the paintings for real :)

Annie Jeffries said...

These colors are deliciious. The images so imaginative.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...