Quote of The Day

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Dingy Dishrag must be obliterated!


Back to the kitchen again. During our Christmas swap of comical unwanted gifts I quite happily opened a present with two tea towels presented in a little scarecrow head. I loved my gift and wasn't about to trade it in. I asked my friend why she was giving it away, nonchalantly she replied that she had enough dishcloths.

If you live at my house that statement will never be heard. I have an abundance of dishcloths and tea towels and I love them. You can NEVER have too many!!! I'm an absolute fanatic about getting a clean one out of the drawer several times a day. You just never know where they've been. The kids follow my lead so there can be quite a load of cloths at the end of the day. Fine with me!

I am terrified when I go to a house that only has one dishcloth... with feet no less.... and ready to bolt out the back door for a ride on the garbage truck. You know the kind that is black, hairy, not sure what it is kind, that only see's the washing machine once a week or month...ewwww..... The ones you accidentally pick up to find the stench never leaves your hand.....just like the smell of a wet ashtray. OMG disgusting....

If you are one of these offenders, get ye to a dollar store and replenish your dishrags....seriously I just heard last week they are the biggest virus carriers....okay they said kitchen sponges...but I think their cousin DISHRAG...and anything with the word rag in it, must also be a carrier!

If you can't get new ones for goodness sake put those stinky germ infested cloths in bleach... if you can't, PLEASE ..... DON'T invite me to your house to eat....I have a compromised immune system so those infested rags are down right dangerous. If you don't believe me, go here and here and here!!

Okay now run to the discount store and stock up on some fresh cloths...and make sure you change them all day long....they do get stained so you need to replace them every once in a while. (Sooner than later is better!!!)

Now if you're a card carrying contaminated stink to high heaven dish rag owner(culprit)...read here...you're not alone! It's never too late for a little dishrag reform!!! That's all I have to say about that!!

8 comments:

Lucy said...

oh my god Sher! we really are two peas in a bleached pod!
Not only do i bleach mine, replace them constantly, I also keep a seperate one to scour the sink that never touches the dishes, and he is also changed a lot. When a friend once picked up the sink cloth to scrub a dish my scream nearly made her drop the dish! haha
you CAN eat at my house! (anytime)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

that is adorable.

Sandee said...

I'm with you on this one. We have stacks and stacks of them and go through them like Grant took Richmond. I'm so with you.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Mary Bee said...

Thanks. My dishrag is changed frequently, but obviously I'll start doing it more frequently. I do use papertowels, and I do not have a sponge anywhere in the house. Now I will be more alert though.

Carolyn said...

omg I am the same way with the dishtowels... and NO SPONGES ALLOWED... ICK!
:c )

Lisa said...

That's why I love crocheting dishcloths. I never run out and can change them as often as I need to. You are too funny!

Janet said...

I buy those cloths at the dollar store....blue/white and they can either be thrown away or washed and reused a couple of times. I like to have clean dishcloths, too.

Mary Timme said...

The only sponge in the house is DH's! I don't even touch it dried unless I have to. I change it once a day, but not often during the day. I use lysol cloths on my counter a lot. The kind you throw away after one use.

I can't stand a smelly dirty rotten dishcloth. They must be changed at least once a day, depending on what they've done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...