Quote of The Day

Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Year Snow

Taken Saturday evening Janurary 3rd,2009
My little snow bunnies shoveling the drive! In her Pj's no less!
Expecting rain all day today, loads of it!

Didn't get much wear out of my new shoes this Christmas.... I love wedgies, they work for me. I have a high arch so I need a bit of a heel, even with my bad knee. Hopefully I get some wear out of them this summer. As you can see we have been having piles of snow! People are starting to complain about it. The joy has worn off! I love how clean things look but wish I could walk in it. I feel timid and unstable on the ice. I'll go where things are cleared. I'm wondering if all the moisture had anything to do with my car blinker not working...I'm crossing my fingers it's just a fuse!

Benji hiding under an old afghan I crocheted for Peppers bed years ago!

This little guy visited again with my out of town friend who returned to drive her kids to the airport. They live in South Carolina. Luckily they made it in and out before all the airport delays.

We spent an amazing New Years eve together.We ate Asian food with a tequila highball! Our hubbies were best friends in the Army, but had no interest in continuing a relationship after our divorces. Gratitude is evident as we reminisced about having maintained a twenty five year relationship so dear despite how the men lost each other! We have never spent New Years together, so it was really special.

New Years day she did the four hour drive back to Kelowna in the snow....it took longer of course. I admire that woman's bravery. Even though she had a stroke, enduring some audio possessing problems, she is going to university get her doctorate in
neuropsychology. It's a struggle because she's aphasic, but that doesn't stop her. She was a practicing psychologist before the stroke.

I know one day I will be flogging her book on my side bar...because she has quite the story to tell! I really miss her....... and her little dog too!!

7 comments:

Sandee said...

How fun for the two of you. I'm glad you had a great New Years time with your friend.

I don't like the snow. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it here. It's a short drive up the mountain if I want to see it, but trying to function in the snow wouldn't be fun for me.

Have a terrific Sunday. Big hug. :)

Forgetfulone said...

Love the snow pix. And Benji's adorable! Great new shoes, too. Wear them out in the snow! Not.

Janet said...

What a great way to spend your New Year's Eve. I love the picture of Benji hiding in the afghan....how cute!

Sue Seibert said...

Man, you all got a "little" snow, didn't ya? We had 80˚F+ temp yesterday, and today it's 35˚F. Tomorrow ice pellets. Ice storms are about the only winter we have here.

We're about to get out and go geocaching for a while...the car is warm.

Happy New Year! Your friendship is precious to me! Love the photo of the kids!

Patois42 said...

In her pjs? Dear God, woman, where was her mother? Oh, taking pictures.

Lucy said...

No, I am not psychic but I just know when you wrote that last line, you spoke it like the wicked witch of the west! Am I right? Do I know the giggs well?
This post was like you just hanging out talking about stuff... like throwing that shoe story in, in the middle of the snow tale! haha
LovE those! I also love wedgies and open toes! (well not that kind of wedgie)
You are REALLy getting some serious snow up there! glad your friends got out safely. That little dog is so damn cute!
It says a lot about you that your ex's EX-best friend Stayed
friends with you!
hugs and more hugs xoxo

Ice Pony Girl said...

benji is so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...