Quote of The Day

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tulips Sunday Scribblings "Surrender"

My interpretation of the tulips sitting on our coffee table! Also inspired by my last post!  I missed sunday scribblings this week the prompt was 
" Surrender"


I will surrender to my silent self.
Though my mind’s a fury
of flammable thought
Crowding my creative vision

Is there a way to turn down
The minds volume
 Quiet the wisdom
Calling warnings?

Why do I have to
Know things
No longer relevant
To my life?

Why do I see things
Clearly when
Others are fogged
In denial?

Is my fear germane
Or will this pass?
This time
I hope to be wrong

He is so young
So dark, so sad
So detached
So alone and silent




7 comments:

Janet said...

Yea! I can comment today. I really love the art you've had on the last two posts. The backgrounds remind me of tie-dye!

J C said...

Love, love, love that poem!

Jeni said...

I love this art work you are doing and must learn more about it.

Jess said...

I love this unusual texture you've been doing lately! So light and feathery.xx

WyomingDiva said...

Love the art and the poem!

gma said...

Hi Sherry! Awesome art and poem as always. Sending you love for your up coming birthday...go ahead start celebrating...
:-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new technique!! Beautiful art!! The poem is compelling as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...