Quote of The Day

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy Easter Paint Party Friday


Original Acrylic Orange Easter pup
My daughter's on a blitz raising money for a charity right now. It's the upside to what was a very emotionally tough March for her! Something she keeps well hidden from others as  she plows through, best she can, wearing a smile, looking for the upside to life!! I am so proud of how she handles things she just can't change! Goodness knows that can be quite a feat  for anyone!
Instead of retail therapy she has this wonderful cause which takes underprivileged  and sick children on a one day trip to Disneyland. Providing them  with a new outfit, a small camera and other things beyond their realm.



Cupcake is just a small pea in the pod that is this charity, however she has set a goal to personally raise enough to send at least one child  on the trip herself. 


I think she's pretty  surprised  how very generous people are at donating goods for  raffles. Well  known for her constant generosity, coupled with her passion for helping women and children it's not surprising they trust her! 
 I see the sparkle in my daughters eyes and know she is happiest when she is giving. My mother was the same, such a humanitarian! As a child I was always walking over a casserole, soup or a small pie for the elderly lady next door. Every single thing given of pure love  without expectation.. Over the years I have done the same yet not to the degree my daughter has. However I must say it probably fills us up just as much as the recipient....if not more!!
The original Pink Pooch in Acrylics
I had a few very lean years where I was unable to give with the same generosity I was accustomed to. I was given so much, and felt such gratitude!  At the time I did what I could within my means, but it wasn't much! So the last few years I have been trying to be more the giver again, because my heart feels it's pay back time! 

 What is the last unexpected thing you gave or received that made you feel really good?

The other day Cupcake spied an Easter donut from our local Tim Horton's.... by the time she got through the line the  one Easter donut  was gone. Disappointed, she craved it from that day on!


 Yesterday, ten days later, a customer brought  in a large box of donuts for the employees where Beardo works!  The Chief in charge asked Beardo to remove the  box  from his sight since he is fighting type two diabetes and would love nothing more than to chow down on one of those melt in your mouth yummy to the tummy, cellulite enhancers!! 
Credit  this  Easter Doughnut and the next photo to Cupcake
The  donuts were sent to the downstairs crew who munched on all but four.    A female employee went to  grab the one pretty Easter donut, but Beardo laid claim to it! So she grabbed one of the three remaining instead.  
 
This is our Easter Buddy and these are the shenanigans that go on in our house! For the record that is a pristine beard, groomed daily with scents made by Cupcake.


Beardo toted  the huge box with only three doughnuts home on the bus for Cupcake! Delayed gratification prevailed..... she was so excited about the pretty  Easter donut. After several bites, she handed if off to Beardo! All that beautiful goo wasn't as tasty as it looked!  Sure glad it was a freebee! She was still thankful that it made such a pretty instagram photo.

Have you ever delayed gratification only to  be  disappointed in the end?
My favorite Magnolia tree taken a few days ago!!
I was surprised at how the only thing Cupcake wanted this week came to her in such an unusual,  cool way! How a stranger bought it, how it got passed off by the chief,  almost eaten by the girl, rode around on a bus in a big box and still manged to get into her hands! Only for her to figure out; one, it appeared better than it was, two; maybe not being available the  first time was a sign that it wasn't really meant to be! 

Be careful what you wish for!

For those who celebrate Easter I hope you have a glorious celebration full of love and laughter!! Enjoy the little things!!

37 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your fab characters. You have an amazing family which am sure you are extremely proud of. Happy Easter, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

lee said...

Love your story about the donuts, 2 times now I have been in the line at tim hortons, and two times the people in front of me have pd for me. I of course pd it back behind me, I love that. I also had a chuckle about your daughter wanting it so bad, then when she tasted it, it wasn't what she expected, great art and great color

Christine said...

Happy Easter, cellulite enhancers, lol. A friend recently brought over some leftover food from a party she went to and couldn't finish! Loved that. And I wasn't in a good mood that day and it sure cheered me up!

DVArtist said...

Wonderful post filled with great art, a loving family and gifts of giving. Happy Easter to you and your family
Nicole/Beadwright

Lynn Cohen said...

Love your colorful doggie paintings. Especially the pink one.
I put socks on my husband today because he can't bend over himself post recent surgery, does that count as charity?
I've no desire for a gooey donut or candy egg! I'm pretty detoxified from processed sugars.
Have a happy Easter!

Abigail Davidson said...

Such sweet animal characters! Wishing you and your family a happy holiday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful and colourful post. Good luck to your daughter with her charity work! Have a great weekend, Hugs, Valerie

Zana said...

Great post, Cupcake sure has a generous soul. I live the pink doggie! I am in the process of redecorating my little cottage and have been hankering after a fabric that was way beyond my purse, this week I went to the store to buy some buttons and there it was reduced by 50%. Still expensive but I could afford it just - treats for a week or two! But I am still smiling.

Laila said...

Love your characters, and that bear is so sweet. The small things are what really matters. Small pleasures in everyday life is simple and enriching. Happy Easter and happy Friday too.

PaintingWrite said...

It's been ages since I popped by ppf and it's good to see that things don't change-your posts are as interesting and thought provoking as always! I have to say that donut doesn't look to appealing with those Neon sprinkles on them but it's funny how fate conspired to ensure cupcake got her donut after all even if it wasn't all that nice in the end! My mum is like you she always bakes and cooks for her older neighbours & she's 79 now! ) I've found I'm being approached by a lot of animal charities to donate artwork to online auctions recently so it seems to me that that's a good way to give back to something that's important to me. X

Linda Richardson said...

I'm having such a lovely time visiting after being absent for several months from PPF - I smiled while reading your post - thank you!

Karla B said...

Happy Easter, my friend!Love your post today!I really felt good when I gave an origami book to one of my students.my book was dusty on my shelf.Now I know it is in good hands.

Carol Rigby said...

I'm so glad my little canvas brought back some happy memories for you too.
Your daughter sounds like a very special person.

Linda Kunsman said...

I love all your oh so charming paintings!!! It does feel good to give and certainly is a great way to make someone else's day and share in the joy of it-no matter how big or small. Love the Easter beard fun, and what a gorgeous tree. Happy easter to you and yours!

Faye said...

Your Orange Easter Pup and Pink Pooch paintings are great! Love the vivid colors. Your daughter is amazing and such a rare person. Too many people are so "me centered" these days that it is very refreshing to hear of people like Cupcake. And I love Beardo's nest of eggs. I laughed out loud when I saw that photo. And doesn't he have such a handsome smile?

Annabelle said...

Oh my, too funny a post!
If I was the Chief you know what I would have done....ate it, reason why I have such difficulties keeping my sugars in check.
Easter Buddy is hilarious and such fun, a keeper for sure!
I gave a couple of altered bottles away to my hairdresser and his assistant. I am more comfortable giving then receiving, feels so good.
I've been fooled with sweets many times, I seem to never learn : ) Love the way the Cupcake had her wish fulfilled and sorry it wasn't all that it promised to be. Your right ," Be careful what you wish for".
Good luck to Cupcake on the charity work.

Happy Easter

Hugs Annabelle

Ann said...

Love your colorful; whimsical artwork!

Renee Dowling said...

Inspiring quotes, art, family and stories!

I felt really good when I gave some of my Christmas money that was given to me by my family and passed it on to a homeless person.

Happy Easter to you! Renee

My name is Erika. said...

The original pink pooch is fabulous. In blue too. Actually they are all evry fun and I lvoe your bright colors. have a great Easter.

Tammie Dickerson said...

Wonderful paintings vividly colored! I especially like the beard shenanigans!! A little Easter fun nested in a beard! Happy PPF :)

minnemie said...

Hahaha, the "Easter Beard" is priceless! It is in giving that we receive... so true!

GlorV1 said...

Your daughter is tops, but that's because you raised her to be nothing but the best. Love your characters. Enjoy the weekend. Take care. Oh, I always give away a lot of our veggies when they come to fruition and our fruits from our trees. I take them to a senior citizen place where the people there can take the fruits and veggies home with them. I also every few months, go to the store and stock up on boxes of cream of wheat, oatmeal, and take them to the senior place so they can have healthy breakfasts. It's appreciated and it makes me feel like it's what I'm supposed to do.

Joy Murray said...

After that story, I urge you to read the children's picture book Arnie the Doughnut. It's a zany look at the life of a doughnut who didn't realize he was made to be eaten. thanks for your great stories and dynamic bright art!

Unknown said...

The first dog painting is my fav. Sweet story. I've had very similar experiences with food! So many times it looks way better than it tastes. You have a sweet cupcake!!

denthe said...

Love that dog with its paw in the Easterbasket :-) I find it's typical that often something that I crave and can't have for one reason or another doesn't taste at all as good as I thought it would when I´m finally able to eat it. Love that thought that maybe it was a sign that it wasn't really meant to be. Have to remember that for the next time ...

Forgetfulone said...

Love your paintings! And that magnolia tree is beautiful!

Jez said...

I love your doggy Easter paintings, and the colour changes too. And the photos especially the Beard's Nest complete with eggs. And what a magnificent moustache! My congratulations to Beardo. Everything so interesting and thought provoking as always.

Kate Robertson said...

Love the art and stories. Your daughter is a gem but I know you know that.

Kate

Cindy D. said...

The puppy is too cute! The other dog looks very mischievous!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love all your sweet and colorful Easter pets! Cupcake and Beardo definitely are two wonderful souls that were meant for each other, and you are blessed to have them in your life. Blessings to you and your family on Resurrection Sunday and beyond!

Lisabella Russo said...

What wonderful art! Your daughter is so sweet and so are you! I donate items I no longer need when I can and it's something I enjoy doing. Happy Easter &/or Spring wishes to you and your family!

sheila 77 said...

What a fascinating and thoughtful post. I like your Easter pup (and I prefer the original colour scheme by the way).
Yes, to be happy with what you have is a great gift.

JKW said...

Love the donut that looked like an egg story. What a circle that was for a donut that wasn't a circle. Yep, always be careful what you wish for. Now, where is That Yellow Cottage :) Blessings, Janet PPF

Studio Kaufmann said...

I think the greatest gift one can give anyone is one's time. People in USA are always so busy and don't have time to do anything for anyone. Well I try and give my time to friends and neighbors to help them out in times of need. Happy PPF!!

pauline said...

YOU, my friend, have raised a wonderful, compassionate human being... you must be SO proud of Cupcake & the path she has chosen. Beautiful art, words, & sharing of your heart. THANK YOU. xx

Kristin said...

OH HOW I love that story of how the Universe works - we can even sum a colorful doughnut if we want! And yes, you never know exactly how it happens - but my favorite part of the story is how Beardo took the box home. AND how wonderful Cupcake is with her charity work - she is such a beautiful soul :)
LOVING your art too - as always, is is colorful and bright - just like you! xoox

Paper rainbow said...

What a wierdly beardly nest lol!! :) Your posts do light my day. I love that cupcake is so generous, she sounds like she has such a warm heart. When my daughter was just twoyears old a dear old lady neighbour passed away, unknown to us she left my daughter a large sum of money in her will, enough once she had turned eighteen to buy a car with. It was such a lovely thing for a neighbour to have done, my only regret was that I was never able to thank her. Hope you had a great Easter xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...