Quote of The Day

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

One of my Favorites George Stroumboulopoulos " The Hour"

The Hour Dustin Rabin Photography
The Hour Dustin Rabin Photography


While watching “The Hour” a few weeks ago I heard Stephan Jones being interviewed by George Stroumboulopoulos. I am amazed at how resilient Stephen is, having lived through the Jones Town massacre as the son of the late cult leader Jim Jones. At the end of his interview he said, although not verbatim “that religion is for those who are afraid to go into hell; spirituality is for those who have lived there and survived!” Anyone with a curiosity about Stephan Jones the son of a horrific man can go to here and watch the interview. During the seventies I was immersed in books about cults, today I find it interesting to hear Stephan’s adult perspective of his experience as the son of a cult leader! There is a fairly recent documentary circulating called “Don’t Drink the Kool-aid”!

George Stroumboulopoulos hosts “The Hour” foraging interesting bits of information from his remarkable interviews by asking the tough questions. I find myself anticipating his nightly program! Not shy of controversy his blog carries some interesting information! For a Canadian perspective on world events and celebrity check out some past interviews on youTube!


7 comments:

paris parfait said...

Wow! Thanks for these fascinating links! I remember when all that happened with Jim Jones and his cult - how interesting to hear the perspective of his son.

Darlene said...

This all sounds so interesting and I remember that incident so well.

Thank you sweetie for the info :)

oxxo darlene

Sue Seibert said...

Very interesting. I remember when all it happened very well, but I had no idea a son had survived.

Lucy said...

I remember being terrified by Jim jones thanks for the info

Lisa said...

Wow. That's really interesting. The Jones Town Massacre is such a strong memory for me and I remember reading a book about it as a teenager. It's really scary to think what fear can lead us to do. I'll be sure to watch that interview here in a bit. Thanks for sharing it.

gma said...

Do you know that I have never been able to drink Koolaid since that incident...and my poor children grew up drinking fruit juice.

Anonymous said...

interesting post. my brother, in the service at the time, had to go and put the bodies into bags. horrific.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...