Click image to enlarge
This is a blogging meme I found over at Mimi's blog. Be sure to participate in Mimi's blogblast for peace on Nov 6th/2008. You can click on the logo on my side bar for more information!
1. How long have you been blogging?
For two and a half years now.
2. Any advice to beginners?
A) Make sure to visit other blogs and comment often. It will lead others back to check on you! If they like you they’ll return.
B) Find your Niche, whether it’s art, motherhood, fashion, comedy!
C) Be very careful what you write, it is out in the universe and in google FOREVER. Being kind is important.
D) If you want to be controversial expect the controversy to return! But it will bring readers and spam, if you dare to brave it.
3. What are the good things blogging has brought to your life?
It’s changed my life in many ways. I’ve become a more disciplined writer. It’s expanded my creativity, and world.
It’s brought wonderful new people into my life, I’m able to express my intimate side in ways I never would verbally!
4. What would you consider the pitfalls?
A) Blogging can be demanding. It’s a bit like a nagging mother, Sometimes you just want to ignore it, but you feel guilty if you don’t succumb.
B) Many artists like doing swaps, I feel bad when I don’t do them.
C) But I have no desire to; it’s too expensive and time consuming for me!
D) If you have any regrets about things you posted it can’t be retrieved!
5. Tell us about your blog name. Ever think of changing it? If so, to what? Why? My blog name was born from my other passion, scrabble. I love words, always have. Before blogging and art I was happiest playing on-line scrabble…..I was a very happy Tiler….hence the name! It works for me as an artist. But I have scooped another blog name for down the road if I need a change. I won’t reveal it until I figure how I might make the transition.
6. Knowing what you know now, was starting a blog a good thing for you? Why or why not? A very good move. I write constantly. It’s improved my quality of life immensely as I’ve discovered the artist within. I look at the world a little different. I now enjoy reading blogs it opens up my perspective. I am in a constant state of learning, which is another obsession!
7. How do you think blogging, bloggers, or the blogosphere has changed since you started? Well the improvement on blogger is a plus. More technology makes it easier to post. Wider range of people blogging! And a huge voice of women who are often suppressed and edited in a television format! Woman are speaking out and reaching out to others. It’s fabulous.
8. Ultimately, what would you like your blog to accomplish for you or others? Ultimately my blog was started as a writing discipline for me and a legacy for my family. Although that’s important, I feel I have so much more to share. I’d like to inspire people, women in particular to find their inner power (or inner music) their god given gift, whatever that may be. I’d like to be able to inspire others to feel a deep inner contentment. Knowing it comes from finding your true love within!
Please let me know if and when you participate in this meme, I'd love to read your answers!