My friend Dream Goddess and I had coffee at the beach last night. It was so warm yesterday the sunset was breath taking! I didn't quite capture the sunset as I would have liked. I doctored the photo to get this! She took a couple of pictures of me but they didn't register on the camera, I may need a new card!
They say...... and I think........
- Cut the crap ::Be truthful to yourself.....asking what I want is something I never did until now, it's freeing!
- Scent ::aroma of coffee, good perfume, baked bread and Christmas baking makes me happy
- Vanishing ::ire is a great start to peace
- Wetness ::rain abounds us living in British Columbia....but I love the cozy days by the fire.
- Cheap ::thrill is playing scrabble, or laughing until I almost pee my pants!
- Badges ::of honor and courage are worn by many of my friends.
- Puppy :: love....I love puppies and dogs in general, I feel myself weakening!
- Problem solver ::wise old crone...would be me and most of my gal pals.
- Gambling ::addiction, I think my mom had a slight one, not to the point of affecting our lives because she was so frugal....but just for a bit of pleasure and within reason she loved to gamble. Reno being her favorite place to go!
- Sophia ::Loren I am always reminded of her when I see Angelina Jolie!
Queensized asked when my painting took hold, so I decided to respond on my blog. I had no idea I could even draw a stick until I was 47 years old. My friend Violette saw how colorful and well put together my house was, she recommended I start a visual journal. It was a low point in my life, so I got a sketch pad at the dollar store and went to town. At first all these faces came about, I used sharpy pens to draw, then color them. Then a strange thing happened. Each face came with a unique name, so I wrote the names below each drawing. Another friend mentioned that one of the names was an old Nordic name, the people were known to be red heads. It was a name she recognized but I had never heard. The character I drew happened to have red hair. Keep in mind they weren't very good drawings either...I was just exploring this avenue. At the time I had no clue what anything meant.
Now when I look back, I see I may have had a slight bit of anger with men. I always seemed to sketch angry men. Not one to get mad very often I guess maybe I had a slight bit of suppressed anger from a messy divorce. Anyway, this discovery lead to digital art which you see a lot of on my blog, my acrylic Jayna's angels and the flower panel which I just completed upon request! So anyone on a quest of self discovery should take a pen, pencil or sharpy to paper and tap into yourself. I think you'll be surprise where it takes you. It may start out as a poem, a thought, or a pattern of color. Continue to delve into anything that surfaces, you will get better with practice.There is no need to share it with others until you feel safe/
My friends book Journal Bliss comes out on the 29th of April I will announce it again....I hope you will read her story and journaling tips...she is an awesome inspiration in person....I have no doubt her book will be too! I attribute all my art to being at the lowest point of my life and to Violette pointing me in the direction of my soul! I'm so glad I found the me I was meant to be!