Quote of The Day

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Scribblings " Trust"

Happy Birthday Gypsy Goddess
Girls just wanna have fun!
Laughter feeds the soul!
We did piles of that on Friday night as we celebrated another Goddess celebration. Two of our clan are missing....but there is another celebration right around the corner. More fun to be had! The birthdays seem to come quicker each year....scary!

Sunday Scribblings prompt this week is" Trust." I can only say that I have deep seeded trust issues stemming from childhood, therefore I don't readily trust. Only a lengthy post could do this subject justice. So I opted to do a poem and share a goddess celebration instead!

People I have met for only one time seem to share their deepest darkest secrets. I often wonder how they know I'll not divulge what I'm told.

Trust


I hold your secrets to my breast

An honor you’ve bestowed

I carry all your burdens

Sometimes a heavy load


At times I decline to hear

Things that could dismay

Please respect my precincts

With ethics in the fray


Trust that I implement

A gift sometimes assumed

If you negate my borders

Adverse cost can be presumed


Concealing a confidence

Generously I contain

Trust bequeathed by others

An honor I sustain!

9 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

you can see the love all these gals faces. it nice to have such great friends. and I love the necklace on the birthday girl.

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Sherri..
Im laughing at my misread of your bloggie blog. I thought it said, human nature to think wisely and act upon absurd fashion..aka my dress sense..
Gosh do I ever need glasses!!!
peace, Kai xx

Mary Timme said...

I like the way this poem goes and how it is centered on you at the core. Others trust you, when you have trust issues! Hmmmmmm, maybe that isn't the issue at all?????

I know what you mean though! Isn't it odd what people will tell one person and not tell the whole world. We all try to hide in plain sight, for those who have eyes to see.

Janet said...

Looks like you gals had a great time! You're so lucky to have all your friends around you.

Tumblewords: said...

What a lovely celebration with gorgeous goddesses. Trust can be a wobbly...

Anonymous said...

i would also be honored to arbor secrets! i also have deep seated trust issues =/ i wonder how this will play into my relationships. for now i trust that everything will work out in the end.

Patois42 said...

Great photos. What it says about you that people open right up!

Anonymous said...

After seeing those pictures I wish I was there - cos that cake looks really yummy!(what did you think I meant?)

Unknown said...

Laughter does feed the soul! You and your goddess buddies are so lucky to enjoy much love and laughter together! happy Birthday Beautiful Gypsy goddess!
Sherrie.. YOU DO have that trust thing going on.. And so do I! People I hardly know are confessing their latest sins to me like I'm their priest! You and I are going to need a giant suitcase to carry so many secrets to our graves!
Missed you much while you were in the bloggin slump! xox Big Trustful Hugs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...