Quote of The Day

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Perfect match, purple heart bag






I got together with one of my oldest and dearest friends who I haven't hooked up with in over a year! Although we are only one week apart in age she works full time and has a preteen that keeps her busy! We make sure to meet up at least twice a year, once on our birthday!

In the seventies this girl was into recycling long before if was fashionable. In fact next to the recycle princess Gypsy goddess, she is the Queen of recyclers going though the garbage daily to extract anything environmentally nefarious that her kids have tossed out!

I have made reusable bags for many friends who are less savvy about recycling, it never dawned on me to make one for the Recycle Queen. So this one was made last minute. It was hard to know what colors she's into since we rarely see each other. But I put brush to canvas bag starting with a bit of blue then added pink, I continued by adding green and purple. I just let my nervous heart lead me. All the while thinking she wears more beige now than she used to!

In the eighties my friend and I would show up to parties wearing the same color, same shoes, same style outfit. Yet we never conferred about what we'd be wearing, and we rarely shopped together!
Imagine how surprised I was to see her dressed in a purple top that matched the bag perfectly....I can't even tell you how excited I was!!! Bingo for me! Unfortunately I didn't get very good pre photos of the bag because I was running late, the heat slows me down! Gosh it's good to catch up with old friends.... I love our birthdays and we've had many together.....too many!!!!

6 comments:

paisley said...

adorable bag,, and what a plus that she came dressed to match!!!

Janet said...

What person in their right mind wouldn't love a bag with purple hearts on it!!! You have inspired me to paint some of my own canvas bags. I use them all the time but they have crappy logos on them. I can just paint over them and make them my own! Thanks, Sherrie....I'm off to the studio.

Kolleen said...

i love this post!!! i also love the bag - looks perfect with your friend's purple shirt!!! :)

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Sherrie,
That's a gorgeous bag!!
peace, Kai

Sandee said...

How fun and I love the bag.

Have a terrific day. :)

Mary Timme said...

I'm glad she is getting out of wearing so much beige. Goodness that is a color I'm not totally fond of!

The bag is tres chic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...