Quote of The Day

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You never know

For the template to carve my traditional Garfield Pumpkin go here!!


When my daughter was about ten she said “Mom I always take my purse with me, because knowing you we could head to North Van and end up in Chilliwack!” Meaning

I could head in one direction, but end up two hours away in the opposite direction once an idea strikes.


Last weekend, thirteen years later, I went to pick up dinner and get Pepper a slushy for her sore throat. My son in law jumps in the car with his PJ painting pants on. I’m perplexed because the day before he changed out of his stylish lulu lemon jogging pants, which look fabulous on him, into jeans for a short run to the hardware store. I asked him why he was wearing pajamas today but wouldn’t wear his lulu’s the other day. Not that I cared. He paused…. “Well it’s not unlike you to start at one store, then drive all the way out to Langley to look at something else” I had to chuckle. Funny how the kids see me, but he couldn’t have been more right.


When Pepper was little, money was abundant, gas was cheap, it would be nothing for me to take her on a green apple slushy hunt. Definitely an unconventional mom, I love it when she reminds me of our fun bonding memories. I’ll tell you, my quirky antics sure paid off!!




3 comments:

Sandee said...

That's not quirky...that's fun. Just my opinion. Good for you.

Have a terrific day. :)

Lucy said...

i agree with sandee.. you are fun! fun loving! i notice they don't protest.. they just prepare themselves! xox

LadyTulip said...

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who drove their kids all over creation to get "one thing" while running errands! Some days we'd drive over 45 miles! Yikes! Can't do that driving these days w/ gas prices so $$$high!!

L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...