Quote of The Day

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Sunday Scribblings "Mess"

Can you believe I received Birthday Flowers that match my kitchen?
My people know me well! Almost two weeks and they're still alive!
Of course I change the water every two days and cut them down...that's
the secret you know!!! Clean water....
 Sunday Scribblings prompt this week was " Mess" which until a few weeks ago
was ongoing since last september. It was difficult to say the least.
I will post more photos of the floor later. I bartered  labor starting this September when we will get tile laid in three bathrooms, the kitchen sink area, and the front entrance. 
The Mess


Shabby rugs and floors

from days of old

Reminiscent of

doggy footprints

and coffee spills

Paint splatters, crumbs

And other

Vacuum fugitives

A past well worn

Peaceful but

Not without struggle





Aloof mind

Wandering to

a creative corner

Of possibility

Anxiously

envisioning

renewal

A dream of

Something novel

To rejuvenate the

Blasé eye



A mess ensues

Painfully pulling

Up the carpet

of memories

Salvaging bits

For recycle

Some expired

A sad waste

To be discarded

With the other

Rubbish of the past



Innovative

Prospects

Expressive

Unique

Renewal

Lights

Action

Music

Color

Let design

Begin!



7 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Those flowers are impressive! You're far braver than I. When my old place requires a change, I turn the Roomba loose, dust the Nintendo and computer tower. :)

Sandee said...

Well, if someone is paying attention they would get the flowers the same color as your kitchen. Why not.

I hope you get the mess behind you soon. Redoing is such fun, but the mess isn't.

Have a terrific day. :)

Sue Seibert said...

Our decorating Mess is still going on outside. Slowly, but surely! BTW, I saw a Soul up close today. Love it. Hope you are enjoying it!

Janet said...

Love the purple and lime green!! Re-doing anything in a house is such a mess but the end results are worth it.

Dina Spice said...

The mess makes the finished project all the sweeter!

- Dina

keiths ramblings said...

I lover a good mess especially when it's in a good cause!

Lucy said...

so happy you've gotten it all done!
it looks super!
your flowers are amazing!

I've nominated you for the very prestigious creative blogger award!
it's on my blog! big hugs xoxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...