Quote of The Day

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Just Enjoy




I recycled an ugly tray, by giving it a coat of gesso and sponging on some acrylics. I used a permanent marker for the lettering and then colored it with more acrylic. I added a few plastic jewels for fun, then modge podged it. I will use it to serve cookies and any dry food items, but I'm reluctant to put anything hot or wet on it. I don’t think it would hold up to that. It could probably use a coat of varnish on it for added protection.

It was enjoyable to create and I love the visual combination of the purple and green. For now it sits on my upright piano. I think it would make a distinctive kitchen wall hanging. I just don’t have any room for it because my Mary Naylor art takes precedence.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...