Quote of The Day

Monday, July 17, 2006

More of the Bohemian me!

















Off the top of my bed an orange sari found at a garage sale, flails from the fans breeze. Ornamental fuchsia and gold bobbles hang along the rim of the bed, too beautiful to only enjoy at Christmas. Very outdated lamps were sprayed gold, off white silk shades were bought for a few bucks at another garage sale. I love the shape of them. A color beaded trim along the bottom would probably give them more of a bohemian flavor. The lovely colored scarves hanging off the bed posts were gifts accumulated over the years. I have two tye dyed duvet covers, one in green the other purple with shams to match that I bought eight years ago in
Yale town. Some may think its trashy or tacky, its what I could afford on a dime and it reflects who I am. Its fun and I love it. I guess thats all that matters for now!! Cozy works for me! All a part of the cave thing!


3 comments:

gma said...

Cool room. Yes..you could decorate your lampshades. I put a large piece of lace over my bedside lamp...looks pretty but not good for reading in bed.

Giggles said...

Thanks for stopping by Gemma. That’s a great idea. I’m sure it looks wonderful. Yes, I do like to read in bed, but I’m sure the lace would be easily removed. I was thinking of buying a strip of colored hanging beads to adhere to the bottom of the shades. I have hesitated because I thought I may find funkier shades for my bedroom and use those in another room. The lace could be a semi permanent solution and a fun alternative!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Wow- it's fabulous, very exotic!!! I love the saris hanging down too, they're beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...