Quote of The Day

Friday, June 29, 2007

Illustration Friday "Twisted"

click picture to enlarge Illustration Friday
"Twisted"
My life has been riddled with statements totally misconstrued. Controversial conversations seem to suffer the most scrutiny, often to my detriment. Even the most articulate types are misinterpreted. It’s a shame that words can be so twisted.

I carried a lot of anger in my twenties, where my thirties were more pensive as I savored the search. My forties were a spiritual overhaul, reflective and peaceful. Now in my fifties I feel more perceptive. I’ve surrounded myself with kind, loving well meaning people. I choose to believe they all express themselves from a place of good intention. When there is a question of their intention, I immediately dissuade the thought, giving them the benefit of the doubt. Knowing they would never purposely hurt me. It’s inevitable that I feel wounded at times, but mostly because I am misunderstood, or dealing with my own issues that need assessment. That’s when I implement change and growth.

Of course we all have dealings with Mr. and Mrs. Grumpy pants. Hopefully they aren’t our friends. Some people are intentionally mean spirited. I effortlessly recognize those with an angry demeanor hiding behind their contemptible humor. Regrettably that was my only mode of protection in the past! For the most part I like to think those select people in my life, all have incredibly good intentions!
Poetry Thursday
Twisted Words
Sometimes words get twisted
Contorted and confused
Misconstrued in translation
Edited and abused

Sometimes words conveyed
Are too obscure to surmise
So the callous recipient
Crafts a futile scrutinize

Sometimes intention of honor
Gets twisted in a maze
Leaving the receiver to choose
How to navigate the haze

Rejecting good intention
With gauche frivolity
Lessons vanish with little care
Suspending union quality

It’s a choice to examine words
Controversially conveyed
As words of mighty purpose
Or as words that shed dismay

Surrounded with devotion
Accepting only good intention
When misgiving knocks
Deny the intervention

Words twisted and disabled
Need a positive position
Maintain your good intention gauge
With a joyful disposition
Click Picture to enlarge


16 comments:

Janet said...

This is a great post! Love the artwork and the message. With so many people communicating through email, it's easy to have twisted meanings - you can't "hear" the inflection or tone in a typed word.

gma said...

Sherrie...I hope you plan to publish your blog.....your words are so profound....your art is fabulous. Twisted words...is a prime example.

Bella Darkweaver said...

I love your artwork, and the fact that you had so many meaningful things to say about it.

Clare said...

So well said! And you are totally right about the importance of the intention behind the words -- I love that you give the benefit of the doubt, too. Your artwork is very cool!

Lucy said...

I agree with Janet... Your beautiful post made me think of how often I feel I may be misconstrued in my emails. Like you, however if someones words confuse me I always give them the benefit of the doubt. ( Love how you keep improving with age!) Beautiful artwork giggles! xoxo

studio lolo said...

I agree with Janet. Emails take on a tone of their own and are often misconstrued. I'm with you about staying away from "rainy day people." There are so many wonderful people out there to surround yourself with instead of the grumpy pants! And it's true about being in our fifties to know what we'll put up with. Nice post HT!

Anonymous said...

Very well put.

BTW, you link seems to be broken at PT. Do look it up.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I couldn't agree more with this post...AND Janets comment. Sometimes the best of intentions can be twisted without a face to see expression. And even when in the presence of someone words can be misconstrued causing hurt, anger or surprise. I have actually found myself saying "now before I say this let me preface with ......" so that if I do not articulate it correctly the intention is already laid down.
XOXO
Love,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! I have to say that your past made you a very understanding person. I'm glad of that. It probably helped you to become strong emotionally as well. I'm so glad that you have chosen to surround yourself with wonderful friend that mean so much.You deserve the best. Outstanding post!:)*HUGS*
Angela

Tracy said...

I love your "twisted" word!

It's such a downer being with nay-sayers. I try to be a pleasant person to be around. It's good to hear that you have a positive outlook!

Great work!

Focus_ret said...

Wonderful post. I especially like the writing, but the art is very good too.

Mimi Lenox said...

Giggles - I'm working on more positive thought patterns myself. Thanks for reminding me. Sometimes life can drag you down.....

Willie Baronet said...

I like those wild colors. :-) Keep writing!

° said...

like all 3 twists, words, musicial clefts, and face

JP (mom) said...

Wonderful take on the prompt and amazing art (as ever) ... I love the twists and turns that have brought you to the place you are at now. xx, JP

Lucy said...

Hi Sher, It's me again! Just want to say a big thank you for music on my blog! ( can it be put in sidebar or just footer?? THANKS
(also, hope you're well)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...