Quote of The Day

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sunday Scribblings Left Unsaid


In a few days my brother will be forty seven

I plan to do a tribute to him then!

For now this is my contribution to Sunday Scribblings!

This weeks Prompt is " What is the future of the planet?"

Left unsaid

There are so many things I need to say

but I can’t

There are things I worry about

for good reason

and others needlessly

My brother has a polyp

on his esophagus

he’s never smoked a day in his life

his voice is raspy now

for several months

they say it’s fine

he’s omitted essential information

during doctor visits

he lives a comfortable life

but it’s been tough

he has worked hard

played hard

his body is pristine on the outside

well preserved

at a cost

he is young for his mid age

he was an orphan at thirty

everything has been about the external

while the internal

has been nutritionally fed

it’s been neglected too

so when you ask me

to talk about

the future of the planet

I can’t tell you that

I'm not a psychic

I’m not a scientist

Not usually a pessimist

but here’s the thing

my dad died of

cancer of the esophagus

Right now

I can only hope

and pray

that the planet is fine

that my only

sibling

my brother

is too!

13 comments:

anthonynorth said...

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. To keep optimistic, that the key.

paisley said...

this is scary.. and you are right,, he looks very healthy and well in every aspect.. i am hoping it is just some abnormality that can be quickly snipped and that is the end of it.....i am interested in what you plan to include in your tribute to him tho....

myrtle beached whale said...

Beautiful take on this prompt. I wish him all the best.

Lucy said...

oh Sherrie, I pray for your brother too. Of course it is more frightening because of the heredity factor. But catching polyps before they develop into anything more serious is a positive start. A dear friend just had surgery for the removal of polyps on his voicebox. He also was raspy and worried. Everything worked out Well and he is fine and I have faith that your brother will be too. hang in there. He is very handsome and you both are lucky to have each others love ♥

Granny Smith said...

Dear Sherie, I understand your worry about your handsome brother.
I had one sibling, my younger brother,who died in his fifties, leaving me without the one person with whom I had expected to share memories with after our parents were gone.

But I share Lucy's optimism. Modern medicine is amazing, and a polyp is an early stage.

Best wishes to and for you and your brother.

Phyllis

gma said...

Hope you can feel the love I am sending you.
xx

Pirate Princess said...

I'm sorry. My Dad has colon cancer - it bites. It's a scary thing indeed. I send you the biggest {{{HUGS}}}.

PS He IS a handsome guy. ;)

JP (mom) said...

Saying prayers for him and you. xx, JP/deb

Anonymous said...

Such a heartfelt and moving piece. He is fortunate to be so loved.

Tammy Brierly said...

I have only one sibling, a brother, and I can only imagine your fears. Hold on to HOPE and I'm sending healing prayers.

MUCH LOVE to YOU!

Yamagata rules!

Jon said...

Wonderful - I can feel the affection you have for your brother. In my prayers.

artbrat said...

Hugs to you. I'm sending you lots of good thoughts/vibes/prayers.

altermyworld said...

You have such a strong love for your brother, its so felt in these words you wrote. I certainly will keep you close in my thought.
ANg

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...