Quote of The Day

Monday, September 08, 2008

Admiration

I took a few photos of my front door while waiting for my brother!
It's seemed to take a while, so I snapped one to my right!
Then another to my left!
This is my baby brother after a wonderful dinner filled with
intimate conversation, about life, love, friends and children!
We don't spend enough time together but when we do,
we never run out of things to talk about!



He's a funny man with the biggest most tender heart! He loves his children as dearly
as I love mine. He has a difficult time understanding fathers who don't go that extra
mile for their kids. For he says his heart is forever tied to the heart of children, emotionally and through blood.

I have a vision for my brother. That one day he will be an inspirational speaker for men less evolved. My brother has a pretty profound story, so much wisdom to share with others. He's had his share of adversity, been through divorce and come out a much better man. I like who he's becoming! A softer, kinder, thoughtful, wiser man! We all have demons, he's no exception, but what he has to share, about what he's learned could connect fathers to their children on a deeper level.

One of my best relationships as a teen, was with my dad. He really knew me. My brothers experience with dad was different being he was five years younger. He was closer to mom, which sons often are. When I have a real heartfelt talk with my brother, I get that exact same feeling as I did all those many years ago during intimate conversations with dad. That's when I know,the seed really doesn't fall far from the tree!

12 comments:

gary rith said...

I should take a road trip out and meet you nifty people and kick back with some beers and popcorn. So glad you visited potsblog this weekend!

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Sherri,
I've just been sitting here reading your blog, checking out the art in food cans, tattoo's..and yes the red froggie is super cute!!, the street where you live..flora and family, visits with friends..
What a rich and wonderful life you have..
peace, Kai xx

Sandee said...

And he's handsome too. Just wanted to through that in. Have a great day. Big hug. :)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

He is cute. Is he loking for another wife. haha

Forgetfulone said...

Is he available? I'm not, but that's beside the point! Those are gorgeous pictures of the two of you. You guys are so photogenic. And your home looks like a cozy place!

Lucy said...

Hi Sherrie! Your home AND your whole street look so inviting, so clean, so homey!
one more time.. I have to say.. MAMAMIA your bro is one fine looking man! haha
You both look so beautiful in those photos.
MOre importantly than being gorgeous outside, He certainly sounds gorgeous inside as well. There is nothing like the bond between siblings. So happy you have that in your life xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a lovely neighbourhood you live in. You wrote about your brother with such tenderness.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture...
I have just given you the I LOVE YOUR BLOG award...Stop over and pick it up and then pass it along...Thank you for always being a presence here!!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

Alida Thorpe said...

Great photos, good looking brother.
It's good to hear he loves his kids and will go the extra mile to be with them and make a good life for them. That is so important.

Enjoyed your blog and will return!
Alida (Long Island Woman)

Anonymous said...

Your house and your neighborhood looks so serene. So do the photos of you and your brother. How wonderful that to have such a great relationship. Yep, as they say - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree - and also it sounds like you're both a coupla good apples :)

DMG said...

Forgive me, but your brother is a little bit of a babe and sounds like such a loving and enlightened spirit and incredible father. Definitley YOUR brother! Could we fix him him up with Ava, do you think?

Mary Bee said...

He is one handsome man Giggles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...