This one is all about shopping meme.....please join in then let me know!
I'm not a shopping Goddess like I was in the past. Instead I fill my time with creativity. It's frustrating to shop on a budget when you're being lured in by pretty things. Especially when your bank account is say " Back off " you should pay your bills!
1. Where is your favorite place to shop? Winners (in Canada) because they have awesome quality products for a good price, Shoppers drug mart because they have the accumulated point system. Right now I have seventy five dollars in points that I can spend on items. Last year Pepper spent one hundred fifty dollars in point and got a free radio, cd player for her bedroom. Of course I love all the art stores and Michaels, even though I find it overwhelming because there are so many art products I know nothing about!
2. Would you rather shop on-line or in the stores? I haven’t bought anything on line yet, I think I may like it though. There are real deals to be had, and now that I have successfully received art from a few bloggers, I trust it more! Not for clothes though, which I always need to try on!
3. If you needed new undergarments, but you saw something that you didn’t really need, but just wanted, which would you buy? To be honest I HAVE....but mostly when I need undergarments….it’s a priority….above all, I can’t stand holey underwear or socks….my daughter it the queen of undergarments….since I told her the story of my mom having to wear my dads underwear during the depression because of a shortage of elastic, she has had an over abundance of underwear to the point of absurdity!
4. What really annoys you about other shoppers? I mostly ignore others when I’m shopping, but if they ran into my legs with a shopping cart, that annoys me. Misbehaved children annoy me to! If parents are nasty to their children, yelling or swearing at them in public. Even when they embarrass them it's very uncomfortable for me!
5. Have you ever got up to the checkout stand and had a ton of stuff in your cart and after they rang everything up you realized you didn’t have your money, check book, debit card, or credit cards? Not that I can remember...sometime my debit hasn't worked, that always sucks!!
6. If you buy something that isn’t necessary or something just for fun do you feel like you have to justify it to yourself or your partner? I used to when I was young and married. I do now because I am on a tight budget and need to concentrate on paying bills over and above all else. But there was a 20 year stint where I could do and buy whatever I wanted....I was still frugal though!
7. Do you hide those unnecessary things for awhile and then later claim you’ve had them for a long time? When I was married I would sometimes hide the bills, but I also saved lots of money at that point in my life. Now I am proud to say just keep it in the bag! When I was young they never inquired whether you wanted the bill in your purse….but now they do!