For Sunday Scribblings this week prompt is invitations. So I invite you to join in this meme found on Mimi's blog! Please let me know if you play along.
1. Think of all your exes. Would you take any of them back?
Nope, except for a boyfriend I had at when I was eleven. A year younger than me he was a mature sweet young man, later when I was married I met up with him, the chemistry was still there! The rest I’ll leave to your imagination!
2. What was the first car you drove? What happened to it?
I drove a red Plymouth cricket for five years until it died, never to be driven again!
It was two thousand, two hundred dollars brand new; I had it before my license and the worst investment we ever made as a married couple.
3. What’s the longest amount of time you have driven a car non-stop?
A few hours, on a four hour stint to Cache Creek I need to stop along the way, and enjoy the trip. My dad was the same and would always stop several times on a road trip. So enjoyable!
4. Have you ever been stood up on a date? If yes, when?
Who me! Who was married almost my whole life and then swore off dating!
What do you think? Bows head sheepishly!
5. What TV network do you watch the most?
Television frustrates me as of late…the last four years. You get emotionally attached to a show and they rip it out from under you! The episodes are way too short with too many commercials.You look forward to watching and they play a damn rerun!! rrrr. I like CNN, Public Television, and local station. I never pay attention to one network over the other! I like HGTV, SLICE too!
6. Pick out a song you like that has special meaning to you. Share with us what song is it, and what’s the meaning to you. This is the hardest question of all, because I love such a huge variety of music. Outside of the fact that "Imagine" is my favorite song of all time. “ Donkey Serenade" was a song my dad sang to me, and we sang together my whole childhood. I loved his voice and that song, it’s very old and not many probably know it! My daughters boss took us on a Limo party and surprised me by playing that song! It was so special!
7. Who was your first celebrity crush on?
This is an odd one, I asked my dad at ten if it was okay to think Herschel Bernardi thirty three years older than me was sexy. In turn, dad said to me “each to their own said the man as he kissed the cow” A Scottish saying affirming that everyone has their own taste!
He was my first crush! Other than him I have never been star struck!
8. What is your favorite romantic comedy movie?
As Good as it Gets, Moonstruck, Pretty Woman and There’s Something about Mary ….don’t make me pick, but it’s in that order! The first three I could watch over and over again….along with “Maid in Manhattan.” The last one changed my life because I laughed so hard…. I need to be in the mood to watch that one though!
9. It has been said, "First Loves Are Never Over." Is this true for you? Yes I think my first love was pretty special.I was a pretty fickle girl back then but I still think of him at 52 and wonder how his life turned out.