Quote of The Day

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sunday Scribblings "Celebrate"

Sunday Scribblings prompt this week is "Celebrate"!


The last two days I have been celebrating three February family birthdays, and a March one too! Friday the queen of brownie making, (Me), burnt the brownies for the first time ever. I thought it was slightly burnt, but the layer of black could have paved a driveway.

Needless to say, they weren’t edible.


I made a turkey, timed it perfectly, my guests were an hour late. With great wine, food, laughter, and love, we had the best night ever! You take the good with the bad, make light of it, that’s the best recipe for a great time!

Saturday night, dog in tow, we celebrated Bryan’s mom’s birthday with six of her ten children, friends, spouses, loads of laughter, chatter and great food! It proved to be another wonderful night!




Then on the way home we stopped at a busy twenty four hour drugstore to pick up milk and a few weekly specials. I babysat the dog, wrapped in a blanket on my knee in the driver side of the vehicle while the kids grabbed the groceries.


I sat patiently watching patrons come and go from the busy store. Bella seemed calm, contented in my arms watching for the kids return. Out of nowhere, a man parked in the middle of the road way off to the side of the parking spots, jumped out of his van, walked aggressively past the rear of my car, parked directly in front of the door in a designated parking spot. Seemed he was looking for something or someone at the end of lot with no success.


On the return walk to his van he turned to my car, glared at me, for no reason approached, then started yelling at me about the puppy. “WHAT THE #$%% IS THAT LADY?” he repeated over and over, throwing his hands in the air. Shocked, I scanned his face to see if he was kidding. Unsure how to react, I sat blankly, trying to ignore him without being rude, as I continued to wait for the kids. Relieved when he finally stopped staring with bulging eyes, turned and walked back to his green van.


I was surprised when he jumped into the passenger seat. I could see him in my peripheral vision. He sat there for a few moments, then hopped out of the car crossed over to the driver side and drove right up to my car door, screaming at me through his open driver side window. “WHAT THE F#$#% IS THAT LADY? WHAT THE F#@#$ ARE YOU DOING?? “ he ranted several times, “ARE YOU F#@$%^%G STUPID?? YOU COULD KILL MY WIFE, GET THAT ! F@#@$#G DOG OFF YOUR F@##$%$$%^G LAP, THAT DOG SHOULD BE IN THE BACK SEAT” he ranted the "F" bombs over and over, as I tried to avert his glazed eyes and foamy mouth, searching the store windows for the kids.Was he actually suggesting I drive my car with the dog on my lap wrapped in a thick blanket? Insane!


Terrified I placed the dog, blanket and all in the back seat, to appease this crazed illogical man. . Hoping he would back away. That face, the scenario, felt all too familiar. His van had blocked my door from opening so I couldn’t even escape my car to run in the store only a few feet away. This bullying, I suspect was normal for him. He wore it well. Maybe the “Mean people Suck” and “Big mean people raise little mean people” bumper stickers on the back of my Jeep set him off.


Finally he backed the van into a normal parking spot. I fumbled to call the kids on my cell, but there was no charge left on it. I felt around for my charger, trying to act nonchalant, as my knees continued to shake uncontrollably. I felt nauseous. I couldn’t leave the dog in the car, vulnerable and alone with this nutcase acting so irrationally unpredictable. The evil man sat there staring at me, enraged for god knows why. I was minding my own business, careful not to stare, parked legally. He pulled out of the parking spot, up to my car once again in a threatening way, then backed into his original spot half on the road way. A woman exited the store, hopped into the passenger side of the van. They drove off.


I had considered honking my horn over and over to alert someone while I was being bullied. But it has been my experience not to infuriate an unstable (nut case) person. I feared he would ram my driver’s side over and over; he seemed that angry and delusional. I’m not exaggerating; my whole body was terrified and wouldn’t stop shaking. Pepper could read the panic on my face before she reached the car.In my alarm I forgot to get his license number, albeit most of the time he was either too close or too far away to see it. Once again my happy life has been touched by, my guess is either alcoholism (addiction) or mental illness! Definitely something you NEVER want to take lightly, much less celebrate!

11 comments:

keith said...

Scary stuff. Still, your multiple birthday celebrations must have been fun.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

you have a wonderful knack for capturing people. Happy people.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

NO! How horrible! You are so sweet, you don't deserve this!

Lucy said...

oh my god Sherrie.. thank god you are okay.
that man was seriously deranged. I wish you could have called the police. We need to get phone chargers for the car! I used to have one for my old phone.. after reading this, I am going to buy one!
Poor Sherrie.. I can just imagine your fright.. I would have been so scared too.
Psycho Bastard! His poor wife, can u imagine what her life is?
As for the rest of your post.. Lovely pics! Lovely turkey dinner mmmmmmm

Linda Jacobs said...

Oh, my god! What a horrible experience! You did the right thing by not making him madder. I'd have had a hard time not giving him the finger at leeast!

Granny Smith said...

What a horrible experience! Your family celebrations sound great, but a real (extra) cause for celebration is that the madman drove away without further incident..

Dream Goddess said...

Oh, my heart is pounding just thinking about it. Thank God for the peace that usually surrounds your home and family. I hope the lady getting in was picking up a new prescription for him and his obvious mental disorder!!!

This is just the kind of person we read about in the papers, doing things that make no sense, thankfully you were not hurt!!!
This is why healthcare is soooo important--one reason anyway that everyone must have access, affordably to healthcare, and be monitored. Even if we are not always directly affected, eventually everyone will be.

Love from Dream Goddess

Tumblewords: said...

Scary stuff! Really scary! It kind of casts a bit of a pall over the exquisite joy of the earlier celebrations...Glad you are okay!

Tammy Brierly said...

Sherrie that was so scary to read, I can't even imagine being there. I'm glad you're okay.

I loved the happy pictures!

HUGS

Jay said...

That kind of encounter would leave most people shaking and terrified! I know I would be. And I'd be far braver if I didn't have a vulnerable little dog with me.

I choose greyhounds. We don't have any right now (we lost both recently, within five weeks) but I'm guessing he wouldn't have been so keen to intimidate you if it had been two adult greyhounds eyeballing him from inside your car. Mine have all barked to order too - and they have scarily deep barks!

The celebrations sound fun though - even with the overdone food! Who cares? ;)

Unknown said...

oh how scary...what a crazy man!
Glad you're safe and sound....

Wonderful birthday photos!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...