Quote of The Day

Friday, August 23, 2013

She Believes! Paint Party Friday

When my daughter was seven she declared that she would travel, but didn't know how that would happen. Her dad and I were never travelers. A few years later she said I would always live with her. She also teased that she would put me in a old age orphanage... that kind of scared me after I stopped laughing!! I'm hoping that the demise of my parents by the time I was thirty-five is what she meant about me being an orphan.......
It always surprised me how mature Ms.Cupcake was at such a young age. She seemed to know things I never taught her.  The way she thinks always give me new perspective. Her innate wisdom still surprises me....and others too!!What she's  taught me over the years is insurmountable.

When she was twelve, two years after my divorce we'd been driving along when she voiced concerns about her dwindling savings.  I told her not to worry things would work out. When we arrived home a call from a neighborhood nurse assured she'd have quite an extensive babysitting job for a few weeks from morning to late at night. It entailed feeding her children and walking them to and from school daily. Money problem solved!
A few years later while volunteering at a haunted house she met a young man who noted her ability to   read  people with great precision! Mature for her age Cupcake knew exactly what kind of music  crowds wanted when she accompanied him Dee-jaying.  A diligent student Cupcake was concerned about finding a placement for  her mandatory 80 hours unpaid work experience. This boyfriend turned Cupcake onto a woman reluctant to hire teens at her Dee-jay company. The owner,  a type "A" personality took Cupcake on, started paying her before the 80 hours were done, then hired her permanent weekends as her eyes and ears. Cupcake was  a production assistant for several wedding parties at a time and a dee-jay where needed. She did well there, and is friends with the owner to this day.
Her first job after high school was a fluke. She was shopping in a store and overheard a girl on the  phone desperate for an employee. Cupcake piped up  that she could work. The manager asked her a few questions, begged her to show up the next day and hired her on the spot without a resume. Cupcake was second in charge within weeks. However, a district manager started to hassle her because of her second job at the golf club. She contemplated quitting the new job because of the unreasonable treatment and loyalty to the other employer.  Meanwhile her manager at the time was being recruited for a new company...but didn't accept the job. Instead she recommended Cupcake. Eight years ago she was hired as a manager by a young women who now owns the company she's working for today! She has traveled all expenses paid all over Canada, to the United States and London twice. Loving each and every trip some of which entailed extensive work and long hours. Even though it can be stressful at times she loves the owner and her job!! This week she's at a trade show in Vegas extended into a short holiday!

There have been many bazaar things Cupcake has put out into the universe  over the years that  have actually manifested in the oddest ways.  She wanted to see  Dr. Hook...who I thought was dead...turned out the band was alive and well, although they are all older than dirt,!  They were in fact scheduled to play  in a small venue on her actual  twenty first birthday....So I bought her tickets...that one boggled my mind!!. For the full story go here!

 On the bus to work she voiced to beardo she had no idea how they would top the Paul McCartney  concert. That night her boss gave her very expensive Oprah tickets for the twelfth row.

Her very expensive  red fluvog boots were starting to wear out, they no longer make them but...she was given a vintage pair of the same boots worn only a couple of times. She had them resoled to update them and has a new pair of her favorite red boots for the price of a new sole!

She has had two brand new smart phones for next to nothing given to her... and so many wonderful opportunities and things come her way. But, to whom much is given, much is expected...this girl is so generous I can't even begin to tell you all she has done for me and others...it is beyond what I imagined a child of mine would be and do!! Somehow she always manifests what she wants because she believes!!

Cupcake paid 9 dollars for these $180.00 ugly beige shoes and painted them to suit her fancy!
I too believe, however I have not manifested to the degree my daughter has, or maybe I have!  Do you believe and manifest what you truly want?  Or does something hold you back!!

This is my contribution to the wonderful Paint Party Friday!

38 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great post, you and your cupcake are a great pair! Hugs, Valerie

soulbrush said...

Loved this post too- and love your cupcake- she is a real sweetie methinks.Happy PPF.

Christine said...

Your daughter sounds amazing! You are rightfully proud!

bellefrogworks said...

What a great post. Your daughter sounds like an incredibly special person. To have a grown child/best friend is a special blessing. Love your heartcup!

Ariel said...

Wow! Sherrie, even I did a post on believing in yourself today. But of course I don't write as well as you. Great post on your daughter. She is so lucky to have you as her mother.
Susan

Ginny said...

Your question has me thinking and is conversation I would love to have. I do believe that the more I know myself and what I need, the more open I will be to opportunities when they present themselves. When I was learning to speak in front of large groups, I always visualized myself being successful and eventually I looked forward to being able to talk to groups about things I believed in.

I enjoyed you post and the loving way you let us get to know Cupcake. I hope the Vegas trip was alot of fun.

sharon said...

Great post, I suspect you manifest as much as your daughter but in the past something held you back. I believe but only in recent years have I been able to bring about what I want. Lack of self belief is what held me back. Hugs to yo and yours.

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Its amazing what you can accomplish with the power of positive thought! Have you ever read a book called ' The Magicians Way' by William Whitecloud?

Ayala Art said...

What a great post... Usually the images take me first, then I go back to read. Today I just couldn't stop reading and had to come back to see the images hahaah
Yes! The best things in my life have happened that way, when I remember to do it. Sometimes I let life's little things keep me busy and this was a great memo for me. Thank you!

denthe said...

The pride and love you feel for your daughter rings out of ever word. She's blessed to have a mother like you. And yes, positive thinking is very powerful and I truly believe it creates exta chances.

Anne Manda said...

Wonderful post, your daughter is so awesome and so are you! <3

Nancy McCarroll said...

Your daughter has the best of YOU in her!

Faye said...

Cupcake is a very special person. You already knew that and now we do too. She has unique gifts. The Bible says that to whom much is given, much will be required. I think most religions say the same thing in different words. So Cupcake has much to offer the world she lives in. It will be exciting for you to see, as the years roll by, just where these special gifts take her. (Provided you are still able to observe this from your old age orphanage.) You are blessed to have such an attentive and loving daughter.

Faye said...

PS. I forgot to say how much I enjoyed your mug. Very cool.

GlorV1 said...

Hi Sherrie. It is awesome how close you and your daughter are. Your words tell how proud of her you are and how much you love her. Great post and I love the way your daughter "painted" those shoes.:)
Gloria.

Jez said...

She's quite a girl - and remember, it's your genes she's got so you gave her those abilities, as well as your powerful love. The nicest thing is that you treasure her so much every day. I do believe we often get what we decide we are in need of. Like Cupcake I've found jobs in the oddest ways, and often seem to see what is going to happen.
But no Dr Hook - so sad. I LOVE Dr Hook, he has the sexiest voice ever, and when he says 'Come on over here and lay by my side' I'd be hotfoot over there, which always makes Dev laugh.
A wonderful post to read - as always.

Lorraine said...

serendipity, synchronicity...lovely post and lovely drawings..spirituality rather than religion is very important I think in this material world

craftytrog said...

Wonderful, colourful art!!!
Happy PPF! x

Debbie said...

You and your daughter have a special bond! Fun post with cute art!

Joy Murray said...

I learn so much from my children (28 and 30). I loved this look at your daughter and the strong bond between you both. If you can love and learn from your kids, you are drinking from the full cup of love!

Unknown said...

Beautiful story. you must be so proud of her. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful post and art. Much love to you and Cupcake!!!

Lynn Cohen said...

I think the apple does not fall far from the tree! A sharp, smart mommy produced a smart sharp daughter! I do believe in putting out positive energy in thought and deed to manifest what I want in life. I keep doing, creating things beyond my wildest dreams! Like your art for PPF! Hugs for your comment on my blog today too, thanks!

Ilona Heimböckel said...

It is amazing how things come together and for some people it works like magnetism. I'm quite sure it is positive approach to life and possibilities that supports this. I know a similar example, a friend from school has a similar gift.
I'm afraid I'm not very good at that, too little confidence and too many thoughts in too many directions I guess. It needs really focussing on the now and the positive sides of life!

Thank you for sharing your love and thoughts with us!
Happy PPF
Hugs Ilona

Erika said...

So nice to read your story about your daughter and cupcakes - and to see your vibrant paintings. Very sweet and familiar!
Have a wonderful weekend
Erika

PS: Love your altered shoes :)

kat said...

Your daughter sounds like such a great character, you are blessed! Life really is for me about making the most of all we have and our children are truly gifts! As mothers we learn so much, we give, but must learn to be receptive to our little souls and listen well to them too!

Abigail Davidson said...

Very sweet post and inspiration! Happy PPF!

Unknown said...

You must be so very proud of your cupcake! I loved reading this post - I too am a big believer in putting something out in the universe + often have if come back to me bigger + better than I ever imagined! Thank you for the reminder to trust that there is a higher power looking out for us x

aimee said...

I loved reading this story about your Cupcake, and even more than that, your pride in her! and I LOVE HER BOOTS!

Carola Bartz said...

What a great post about your daughter - she sounds like a very special person, and quite fearless as well. I love that - perhaps because I would love to be like that and know that I am not.

Paper rainbow said...

Your cupcake sounds such a force of nature, ( I love her chameleon shoe thing, an idea I may pinch) I do so admire fearless experimentation. A lovely post :)

PiaRom said...

I have seen your lovely post and enjoy all your wonderful paintings and the beautiful pumps :)
♥ Conny
http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

Linda Kunsman said...

Wonderful post full of so many good things!!! I believe your cupcake has definitely picked up those manifestations not just from her own thoughts but also she is a part of YOU. I have believed in manifesting for a long time but it's also taken me a long time to really believe and not be afraid to put forth what I want no matter what. It's to put it out there and not be concerned about the how or when. Sometimes when I look back at some of those manifestations that came to fruition I become in awe of the power of intent. Have an awesome week my friend!

JKW said...

You are an amazing lady and the little apple didn't fall far from the tree. I have that relationship with my daughter. Very wonderful. Yes, (manifesting things) albeit takes me awhile before it all works out. He always works things out to our good and for those who love Him. It might not be exactly what we want (it was once) but it will be exactly what we need. You blog is always a blessing to me. Blessings, Janet PPF

Janet said...

Yes, I believe you can bring things into your life, and I've done it but maybe not to the extent that Cupcake has.

Love the red boots and the shoes!!

Sabina said...

That's such an interesting question. I kind of feel like I actively had to make things happen in my own life, but I still believe some things were just meant to be. Love this story and the cups in the different colors.

Nordljus said...

What a wonderful and inspiring post! And I love the boots and shoes!

AM Zafaran said...

Great post! You have such a lovely bond with your daughter! She seems as positive and creative as you are! I loved the shoe makeover.

Jenny said...

What a wonderful post... I am a big believer in manifesting... and creating a life that we love... so loved reading about your daughter... love those shoes too... and your gorgeous coffee mug....

Jenny ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...