Quote of The Day

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Peace and Love


I was honouring the peace in my life as I bathed. A spiritual
place where my best thoughts are often born. Maybe it's
the place where I hear what Oprah calls, ``gods whispers!!``

 Christmas really is the season to love those who
need it most! Those who may have made a bad
choice along the way! Those less fortunate too!
 I have so many blessings in my daily life!  My 
needs are met plus more! So many don't have 
that luxury!
These two are so easy to love and give so much!!

 Some people make it difficult to love
  them....those are the ones who truly
need it most!
I was so worried about raising a child that
was privileged and felt entitled. With several
twists and turns in my life I was fortunate
that didn't happen. Cupcakes seen both
affluent and lean times! A great lesson for 
all children!
 It's not just that she gives generously.... which can
be difficult when you're an only child. She actually
sees those in need. Many people walk by oblivious.
Thankfully not my girl.    
Cupcake has taught me so much. I must admit
over the years I've sometimes been judgemental
of those making bad choices. Let's face it
none of us are immune from making a
bad choice or two. Some are just worse
than others!!
Even though our city is extremely multi cultural there are Christmas lights everywhere!

My daughter knows there is always
  a story behind each person who 
takes a wrong path!
It doesn't stop her from offering a  lonely guy
sitting by the pharmacy door a few pieces
of her pizza! Or buying him a coffee!
Potters Christmas tree photo credit Cupcake
So many people need a bit of a hand up!
  Or maybe just a bit of acknowledgement!
 Whether it be pride of whatever they won't 
ask for help.
So many fun lights in our city!! Photo Credit Cupcake
Do you know anyone who may need a 
little love and encouragement to get 
through the holiday season?
After a caroling party the kids looked at lights! Photo Credit Cupcake

I feel so grateful for the harmony and peace
in my life. I wish all those less fortunate,
those feeling lonely, or without, some
love this season! I hope someone
"Sees you" truly "Sees YOU"
and your needs!!
I know this girl sure sees my needs.
Somehow manages to meet them
without me having to ask! I am truly 
blessed! 
#feelinggrateful
Christmas lights in our city! I always love to see the house where people live!
Wishing you Love and Peace this Holiday!

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

LOvely decorations, you can be proud of your family. Love the bird header on your blog. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

Love the snowmen and your festive jumper

froebelsternchen said...

Truly blessed with such a lovely daughter and your wonderful art!

Happy PPF and happy time before Christmas Sherrie!
oxo Susi

sirkkis said...

Looks wonderful!
Happy Christmas time ❤

Latane Barton said...

Your snowmen are so cute. Snowwomen, too. Have a great Christmas

carol l mckenna said...

love, love your snow people ~ beautiful! and your daughter is a beautiful blessing alone with her man friend (husband?) ~ sweet and handsome couple ~ ^_^

Happy Weekend to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka A Creative Harbor

A Colorful World said...

Such a lovely post! Your daughter sounds like a beautiful person. Hope you all have a blessed Christmas.

Susan said...

Cute little snowmen, but your header is just he best! Happy PPF

Linda Kunsman said...

awe what a loving heartfelt post filled with goodness. Love your vibrant snow people! Beautiful photos, and yes, we are truly blessed when we see first hand how well we raised our children despite varying circumstances. Here's to us Moms, end here's to our kids-cheers! Happy PPF!

Faye said...

Loved your post this week, Sherrie. I'm sure that you had a lot to do with how your Cupcake turned out. It is a tribute to you that she is the generous, giving, loving person she is.

Sue (this n that) said...

A most beautiful and caring post - counting our blessings, yes, most definitely.
Joyous snowpeeps paintings... love them!
Wishing you and your dear ones a very Happy Christmas :D) xx

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Holidays. Thanks for droppibg by my blog

Much😇love

denthe said...

Such cute little snow-people :-) Love the festive lights all over your city, it's so magical to walk around somewhere like that! Wishing you a wonderful time together with your loved ones ...

Christine said...

Lovely Xmas post and art, Season's Greetings Giggles!

SandeeNC said...

You are truly blessed, Merry Christmas!

Mascha said...

What a lovely post for Christmas time!
For me thisseason was always difficult (had not a good home in childhood and Christmas day was always the worst day in the year) and later I made my own holiday and that we( my sweetheart and I) make in this year too.
My mother cames in a hospital yesterday, don't know, will she be well and back again...try to find some joy by painting and hope, to have the time for it (hospital is far away and we haven't car...
Have a blessed time with your sweet people

Sarah Leonard said...

Now those are some snowmen with attitude :) Happy PPF from number 36 :)

NatureFootstep said...

love your family of snow people, And your true family as well. You do seem happy and I like that.
My daughter and her family have bought themselves that kind of sweaters too :)

sheila 77 said...

This is a very happy post, Giggles. Those of us who have a happy home life are so blessed. I love your portly snowmen, especially the pink snowgirl, she's my favourite.
Cupcake's reindeer jumper is lots of fun.
Happy rest of December and Happy Christmas time!

Lisabella Russo said...

What sweet and lovely paintings! Your daughter sounds like a beautiful person inside and out...

Deepa Gopal said...

Lovely Christmassy art! Such a heartening post! And that's one gorgeous daughter, both inside out, that you have raised! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...