Published: Tuesday, November 18, 2008
My son and his friend have visited many countries with few problems and when they return home to Vancouver they feel safe and very comfortable.
My son tells me they travel smart, know the ways of the world and believe taking transit to downtown Vancouver and walking to their pub of choice is safe.
But on Friday night they went downtown, where my son was punched, kicked, thrown to the ground, choked and robbed.
This is not an isolated incident. When did we give our city away? How can we take it back?
Unconscious Mutterings week 303 they say.....I think!
- Please stop ::judging people from the outside in, we’re more than the bodies we reside in!
- Move over :: and make room for each car to travel with ease.
- Sweet as ::pie, my daughter when she’s at her best!
- Bet ::you didn’t know I despise wearing socks, and my black jeep is 16 years old!
- Mad about ::my friends son getting jumped, robbed and beat up by five men, while his friend stood watching with a knife held to his throat. This young fella traveled the world with no incidence of violence and here on his own turf this happens…..you bet I’m mad!
- It’s over ::so get busy finding the best part of yourself and enhance it!
- Intend to ::be more charitable when ever possible
- Blame ::only yourself for past mistakes!
Jefferson::Bill Jefferson Clinton
- Heartless ::is the person who can walk past the homeless without acknowledging they may be mentally ill, or a child of abuse!